The Downunder Drive Tourist, Events & Entertainment Precinct is a successful tourism landmark located on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland. Home
to Aussie World, The Pub and The Shed is a successful tourism landmark located on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland. The precinct features a family
theme park with over 30 rides and attractions, iconic tourist pub, The Shed, a function and events centre and a specialty retail shopping village.
There is a huge transformation and expansion project going on here and we need your help to pull it off!
We are more than 200 deeply passionate “Funsters” who seize opportunity, embrace change and use our skills to enhance the well-being of guests.
We are imaginative, passionate, entrepreneurial, simple & fast. We are looking for dynamic and flexible people to contribute innovative ideas
to the company's and their own success.
Come join us in sharing our mission, culture and vision for the future.
Aussie World has the following positions vacant.
We are currently seeking an experienced Cafe Manager who will be responsible for operating and growing the business.
The successful applicant must have:
- Ability to manage a business independently and operate autonomously, while collaborating closely with Aussie World Department Managers.
- The ability to manage, develop and coach a strong team to achieve success.
- A willingness to work hands on in the business and should to shoulder with the team.
- An ability to lead by example and provide much needed mature leadership and guidance to the team.
- Applicants will be required to work on a roster over a 7 day period.
Your experience will include:
- Proven success in managing a cafe and or food business.
- Understanding and influencing the results of the P&L.
- Growing sales by providing a great customer experience.
- Experience as a business owner and operator would be advantageous however not necessary.
- Experience in work health safety matters.
Skills and experience:
- Prior experience working in a cafe or hospitality management.
- Experience in a leadership/management role is essential.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Eagerness to learn and take on challenges.
- A positive and upbeat attitude.
Benefits and culture:
- Great working lifestyle on the Sunshine Coast.
- Advance your career with a professional challenge.
- Great staff benefits across the precinct.
- The successful applicant will hold a Diploma of Hospitality Management or equivalent experience.
- Minimum currency in basic food handling and safety practices.
- Knowledge to provide guidance and training in food safety and WHS.
We are a 7 day a week operation, proudly providing service to locals and tourists.
The successful applicant will be asked to support the cafe operation and staff through peak times, school holidays, weekends and special functions.
Please send your expressions of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org - applications close 12th
Peak Time Casual Staff
We are looking for people interested in working during our peak times, including weekends, school holidays and special events.
Currently we have openings for Peak Time Casual Staff for the below positions:
Aussie World Rides Attendant
This is a rewarding position for the right person, who is at least 18 years of age and likes working outdoors in the beautiful Queensland climate.
The primary role of a rides attendant is to ensure Aussie World guests feel welcome while they enjoy a safe and secure ride.
Our Guest Relations team will invest time and energy to provide on the job training, ensuring the successful candidates are competent to operate
our rides. This is a great opportunity for University or TAFE students looking to learn some new skills while studying.
Aussie World Entertainers
Join the talented team of actors and performers at Aussie World!
If you have a talent for entertaining, a feel for fun and a passion to engage with people you will love working in the Aussie World Entertainment
Are you also a performer with the ability to sing or dance for crowds of people?
Applicants who meet the below criteria should apply:
- Strong acting skills
- Voice projection and clarity
- Quick sense of humour
- Excellent communications skills
- Physically fit to perform character roles
- Performers with singing abilities are to be part of our talent pool for special events and functions
So if this sounds like you and you are:
- Interested in working weekends, the occasional evening event and holiday's
- Have a passion for smiling and engaging with people
- An entertainer at heart
- Interested in the tourism and hospitality industry
- Eager to learn new skills
- Available to make a group interview at 10am 15th June